What's new with Version 2.0
Earlier versions of Webulator/400 were tightly integrated with
I/NET's Web Server/400 and Commerce Server/400 products. Version 2.0 has
been uncoupled from the I/NET server family and will work with any native
AS/400 Web server. For more information, please see
New Configuration Options
There have also been several additions and enhancements made to the
Webulator/400 configuration options.
- Input Inhibited Timeout - Webulator/400 can now be configured
to have a separate timeout for input inhibited. Previous versions only had an
- Keyboard Plugin -
The keyboard plugin can be enabled/disabled using the WRKWBLSSN command.
- Keyboard Plugin Buttons - Virtual keyboard browser submit buttons
can now be shown when the Keyboard Plugin is enabled.
- Signoff Action - Allows you to specify whether
the user should be presented with a signon screen or automatically be
sent to the termination URL when they sign off a Webulator/400 session.
- Signon Screen Exit Program - Allows you to create
your own Webulator/400 signon logic by writing a exit program that will be called
each time a signon screen has been detected.
- Subfile Detection - Webulator/400 can place clickable
hot spots next to certain AS/400 subfile control characters.
- Uppercase to Lowercase Conversion - Webulator/400
can automatically convert uppercase characters to lowercase characters to
ensure that the entire data value can be see without scrolling.
- Virtual Terminal Device CCSID - Webulator/400 can support
terminal devices that are not in the same CCSID as the Webulator/400 server jobs.
- Virtual Terminal Job CCSID - Webulator/400 can support
interactive jobs that are not in the same CCSID as the Webulator/400 server jobs.
New Session Manager
With earlier versions of Webulator/400, it was sometimes difficult to have multiple Webulator/400
sessions active within one browser window. Webulator/400 Version 2.0 has a built in Session Manager
that will allow you to easily jump between Webulator/400 sessions. Please see
Webulator/400 Session Management for more information.