Web Server/400 works without any changes to the installed configuration.
However, not all features will be available in this default installation.
Listed below are the software requirements for Web Server/400.
- OS/400 V3R1, V3R2, V3R6 or later. The supported versions of OS/400
come with all of the TCP/IP components necessary to run Web Server/400.
The separate product TCP/IP Connectivity Utilities/400 is not used
by Web Server/400, but can be used in conjunction with Web Server/400.
- TCP/IP connectivity with Web client machines. See TCP/IP configuration tips for more details.
See Hardware configuration for network
- The latest cumulative PTF package. This is not necessary but highly
recommended. The GA release and early cumulative PTF packages experienced
some problems when IFS and TCP/IP interacted with each other.
- Optional: Client Access/400 or PC Support/400 (or
equivalent) for workstation access to the Integrated File System
and/or Shared Folders for Web content creation and server management.
- Optional: Ultimedia System Facilities
(USF) a free option of OS/400 V3R1 or later. USF can be used to create, store,
and manage multimedia content that can be directly accessed through the
Web browser. USF only needs to be installed if serving Web content from
within the USF multimedia repository is desired.