Accessing Save Files
Returning Save Files
The integrated support of save files supports the downloading of AS/400
save files to browsers. The downloaded save file can then be transferred
(if needed) to an AS/400 (e.g., using FTP, IFS file system) and restored.
Specifying a URL
The general format of a URL
that accesses a save file is as follows:
- is the fully qualified domain name of the machine that contains the
- is the socket port on the host machine that is running the HTTP server.
The :port is optional. If it is not included, it defaults to port
- indicates that the save file is contained in the
QSYS file system on the AS/400.
- name of the library in QSYS that contains the save file.
- the name of the save file contained in the above library.
Determining Content Type
The content type indicates the type of data that is being
returned from the server to the browser.
The following order is used to determine the content type of data
stored in a save file:
The server user profile must have at least
*USE authority to the save file and library. The
library containing the save file must be available through the configured
Data read from a save file is never converted. The save file data is always
returned as binary data. The content length of the save file is always
returned to the browser.
The following is an example of a URL that accesses a save file:
- Returns data from save file LIBRARY/SAVF as a